Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 49xe9005 Firmware upgrade

profile.country.IE.title
Tango1x
Explorer

Sony 49xe9005 Firmware upgrade

Hi 

Has anyone had an issue upgrading to android 8. When I try to run an update it says none is available. According to the website it should. I also tried loading via a USB. It appear to be running but after it's completed it still stuck on android s 7.

Any ideas Thanks 

My firmware is showing a pkg0.0000.p177eua. Which might be the issue is it corrupt?. I tried a reset but the firmware is still showing the same. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see further information regarding this Firmware update here.  

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe you can try to reboot Android TV by keeping pressed Power/OFF on remote...

After that, if not resolve, I suggest you a Factory Reset and, after, to try again the update.

profile.country.IE.title
Tango1x
Explorer

I tried a reset and update but still no luck. I contact Sony and they are sending me the firmware on a USB, just in case something is up with USB I am using. 

profile.country.IE.title
Tango1x
Explorer

I received the usb stick from Sony. It didn't make any difference and they tell me I'm out of warranty. I thought there was a 5 year warranty at the time of buying buy cant find any details on it. Either way it looks like a previous update corrupt my software version and I can no longer update. 

Any thoughts anyone?.

Thanks,