Join now - be part of our community!

Picture problems - Sony KD-49XE8396

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Picture problems - Sony KD-49XE8396

Hi, has anyone ever experienced this before?

For about 2 months now I have noticed the definition of the picture/clarity on my less than 2 years old TV is not what it use to be.

The picture itself does not look as HDR or HD like as it once was,  and there are alot of reflection issues going on within the broadcast content (Light image refraction/ prism like circles/ blurry light reproduction), you can even see reflections on TV cameras used for filming the content! The HD channels look ok at times depending on the content, the standard def channels have really deteriorated and look like 1980s definition!

The sound seems also to be affected, as the sound is either very low or very high, and that is within the same content, so not channel hoping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Whatever may be happened to the panel, if you have a warranty, is better to get in contact with a service center.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately your information are all subjective... do you have any photo showing the difference by chance?

profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Hi rooobb,

I am not at home right now, I will try and capture some pictures to show what I mean and post them here later.

profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Hi,

I finally got around to taking some photos of some of my issues.

I am seeing lots of light reflections within the content and it's seems very excessive? picture quality is very poor also at times.

Flash in mid of screen is from my camera, ignore this. Blue shapes near station logo.

DSC00475.JPG

Octagon shapes appearing throughout screen.

DSC00478.JPG

Blue blur bottom left

DSC00479.JPG

lots of blur and streaks.

20200306_231307.jpg

Not sure how to attache video, says add url, don't know how to make url of video?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Nobody can say anything without knowing the source. I suppose the tv itsef cannot create octagone on the image i.e., nor the blur is always on the same part of the scene...

You should also let us know which setting are you using.

In order to attach the video you should upload to a site and share the link (i.e. youtube)

profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Hi Rif

The source is a virgin media horizon set top box, and the tv settings are the factory defaults. I will try make video when i get some time over weekend.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The source is a brodcaster band you do not know  the qualità of them. Moreover factory settings means they are wrong....
profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Hi roobb,

I made some videos, best I could do on my sony cyber-shot camera.

The signal is from a HD box broadcasting on HD channels. The picture quality is excellent on my other TV it just seems over the last couple of months the picture quality has got bad for a 4K/HDR tv and lots of refraction going on within the content.

2 videos from westworld (lots of annomolies and light refraction) and 1 from a you tube HD trailer (Horizontal blue light at end).

https://youtu.be/pXwqtbrQ-NE

https://youtu.be/D3KME2dzo2s

https://youtu.be/hiLI8Sq55yA

TV looks perfect when powered off so don't see any white spots or smudges!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

it is not easy to understand what you mean being that the video are blurried by the camera focus and distortion... have you already tried resetting to factory setting the tv, so you can eliminate any glitch and/or wrong setting you may have applied?

profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Yes reset t.v. to factory settings many times.