Join now - be part of our community!

Picture problems - Sony KD-49XE8396

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Picture problems - Sony KD-49XE8396

Hi, has anyone ever experienced this before?

For about 2 months now I have noticed the definition of the picture/clarity on my less than 2 years old TV is not what it use to be.

The picture itself does not look as HDR or HD like as it once was,  and there are alot of reflection issues going on within the broadcast content (Light image refraction/ prism like circles/ blurry light reproduction), you can even see reflections on TV cameras used for filming the content! The HD channels look ok at times depending on the content, the standard def channels have really deteriorated and look like 1980s definition!

The sound seems also to be affected, as the sound is either very low or very high, and that is within the same content, so not channel hoping.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert
profile.country.IE.title
gad869
Explorer

Yes, checked that a few days ago.

To me it appears like something is wrong with the display itself, overall it's just not as good definition as it was, HDR enhancement seems to be gone! Is there something that could have failed in a filter in the display?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Whatever may be happened to the panel, if you have a warranty, is better to get in contact with a service center.