Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
mgelder
Explorer

Hi

My TV has now been removed by engineers to have its motherboard replaced , they did mention that the motherboard would have the latest firmware.installed . When I queired this they said a firmware update had been released last week to correct these issues, after looking on the site today , I realised what they mean is a new firmware update for new motherbaords which they all run before intalling a new board , different countries etc  I await its return next wekk. Did tell then not to bring it back if it wasnt fixed as I need it exchanging.

imant64

Update installing on my TV, currently at 77%, will test 3D playback and report back on here when done

mgelder
Explorer

forgot to mention the update on the ite site doe not mention most of the problems listed on this forum , awaiting an update from soemone who has run this current update , but dont hold out much hope , why are they still changing motherboards including mine couldnt get the engineers to tell me that .

davewaite

Are these new motherboards fixing the issue. Just called my repair center to be told that my tv is now repaired and that it would be returned NEXT Thursday. Are they joking..they gave me the option of picking it up myself which I'm going to do tomorrow..I've had to watch a portable tv for 2 weeks now so I was unwilling to wait yet another week..

imant64

Updated to latest firmware

Version 5.1.1

Build SVPDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S143 2.645 release-keys

I thought they had it fixed, ie NO MORE Screen Format: Full annoyances .... but I just had one .... maybe a one off on the Bluray playback

Edit: and another .... and another !!!!

imant64

Well I suppose I expecting too much to think an updated firmware would have fixed the problem. Still receiving "Screen Format: Full" pop ups on 3D playback. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

Wasnt it a firmware update which delivered the issue. Isnt this just a case of poor coding/ testing standards (regression issue)? There might also be a hardware problem with some TV's but is there any evidence that the 3d pop up issue is linked to that?

profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

yes, you are correct it was the updates , but to compound it all they then put another update through before correcting the problems with the first, poor service all round , I think the hdmi and possibly the power problems are hardware.
profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

I have just installed the new (as of today 11 December 2015) firmware update.  This has failed to cure the Screen Format : Full popup issue so I am now returning my TV to Sony for a full refund.  Sony should be ashamed of themselves, this is the most pathetic and incompetent failure.  Am expensive and otherwise good TV completely ruined by schoolboy errors with the software.

Sony needs to wake up and realise they are in the 21st century, not back in the 1970s and 1980s when you could just "throw hardware at the problem".  It is very sad to see stories on here of changing motherboards etc  This is NOT a motherboard issue.  It is a simple software fix which they have failed to implement.

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

The other annoyance is that there doesnt appear to.be any release notes before you start to download the latest software. If there were you could see if there was any value for your setup beforehand.