Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
Patrandec

I just called Sony they tell me that the 14th December fix listed on the support page does fix the Screen Format: Full problem. He said that it might not yet be available as an automatic download but a USB download will work. I'm at work so can't check,so good luck to anyone who can do it!

smashah

I tried updating the firmware with usb method, received following message:

"Your software is up to date. Please remove the usb device and select ok to exit"

Prior to this my firmware was updated 8th December.

Im surprised Sony UK, EU, USA etc do not share information between themselves.  If they did, we would have many issue resolved quickly.

pye-eater
Explorer

2 nights ago my kd65x9005  tv would not turn off. It went to a blue screen with the tv audio still going. I had to turn off at the wall socket to turn the to off. Today I was watching the same hdmi channel and it happened on its own with no input from the remote. I have now had to turn the set of at the wall socket and I'm guessing reset the Tv. I have escalated this with Sony and I want a full refund. Bring back my 5years old LG 65 inch.. It was never a problem in all that time. Sony you have let everyone down with this untested TV. I know this thread is regarding the pop up ( I have been following this as I was going to buy 3D glasses but was waiting for the repair) Has anyone else had this issue. ?? Regards 

mgelder
Explorer

Hi

Motherboard replaced , seems to me no fix. When I asked the engineers why they had replaced the motherboard when they know  it would not fix the problems. They said "They had to be seen to be doing somthing by Sony" so new motherbaord , updates ran by engineers and we are back to square one. Any further info on USA fix ?

davewaite

To Sony...Thank you for ruining my 3D tv this Christmas..very nice of you considering what you have put me through over the past 6 weeks with this stupid issue...and of course you still have my £2000 that I paid for this tv..thanks for the unanswered calls and emails. Thank you for caring about your loyal customers NOT..Thank you for allowing my repairers to replace the motherboard in my tv knowing this would not fix the issue..and also thank you for the cost of phoning you over the past six weeks talking about this issue..I can't even watch my tv in 3D cos the whole thing is screwed up...***** you Sony ***** you!!

davewaite

I am now totally ***** off with Sony. My tv was away for 3 weeks at the repairer..only to be returned last night with all the 3D screwed up can't watch anything in 3D at all now. I have waited long enough for a fix to this stupid issue and now face a Christmas and new year without 3D thanks very much Sony! I have called Sony and have requested a new TV under their 12 month warrantee.. They couldn't give a *****! 

mgelder
Explorer

Hi

My TV engineers have applied this fix after replacing the motherboard it does not fix the 3D pop up issue on my TV.  I have informed Sony directly unless it is fixed by the 25th the TV goes back and I will buy a samsung instead and never touch Sony equipment again.  Has any body else tried this update . and why is it not universally available is that because it does not work ???

mgelder
Explorer

Hi

Just in case people have not read the details of the last update 8th Dec ...

No mention of a 3D pop up problem have they now ignored it ???

We have therefore prepared a firmware update to improve the general stability and performance of these TVs, as well as to address the following reported issues:

• Responsiveness of the IR remote control
  • Occasional black screen while powering on the TV
  • Occasional black screen with sound when switching off the TV
  • TV rebooting during channel changing

We are pleased to confirm the release of this firmware on 10th December 2015.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

It has been fixed in the EU firmware. However no sign of UK.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fc...

After the update from 12.21.2015 these errors apparently no longer on my TV (55X8505C). Have in three different 3D Blurays reingeschaut each for 20 minutes and there were no more pop.
Am therefore cautiously optimistic 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

As I have reported in previous posts, the only Sony support person (amongst many!) that actually knew or admitted what was going on, said tat the UK firmware fix for this issue should be released 24th December. I've therefore given that date to Sony as their deadline for fixing.

It is normal (but not acceptable!) Sony policy to prioritise US first, then Europe (by which they mean Germany) then the UK will come a very poor third... this is true for everything - product releases, price levels, and fault issues like this.

So it is unsurprising (but again I repeat ... UNACCEPTABLE) that Sony would fix the fault in the US first, then Germany then UK as we are seeing now.   This gives us some hope that the UK faulty TVs may be fixed in a few days.  HOWEVER, as everyone has pointed out in various ways, having spent DOUBLE on these TVs what you would pay for a Samsung, we should not be having to "HOPE" for a solution!  If you pay Rolls Royce money you expectRolls Royce service - the Sony service at present appears to be at the level of a clapped-out 1970s Lada (with apologies to Lada)