Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
Patrandec

Yes, definitely agree.  I've done all those things above and told Sony I've done that. Even copied in their worldwide and UK heads. I still get their stock responses.... But please if you have a Twitter or Facebook account post complaints as so far it looks like I'm the only one to have done that? They won't take action if one person complains publically but if more do.......

P.s. if you do tweet a complaint to @sonyuk don't forget to send it to @bbcwatchdog as well. 

profile.country.GB.title
neradle
Explorer

Just posted to their Twitter UK page and will link to Watchdog as well.

Patrandec

Hi all - ok, I finally got a substantive reply from Sony UK to my many emails. Not good news though - the February update has been confirmed, and the 3D issue isn't even listed as a fix to be made. I'll respond asking them them about this. They have offered to extend my warranty by six months. Oh what joy!

ezeest

If they don't fix the 3D fault, we'll all have the perfect reason to exchange the faulty sets for 2016 models within the 1st years warranty. Sent from my iPad Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fault will be fixed at the next round of fw updates, scheduled for end of feb.  Cheers

Patrandec

While the extended warranty offer is nice of them, I'm still demanding an explanation of why the UK is the Ugly Stepsister while the EU and US have already gone to the ball as Cinderella in December. Why does it take Sony UK two more months to provide our fix? 

Jonezy10
Explorer

Hi all

I think I have discovered what causes screen format full. If you change your motion flow settings from Standard to Off,it should stop it.

I am in talks with Sony but it seems like much of the same - getting nowhere and forgotten about - having said that though when I had a Samsung, they wouldn't even accept there was a fault with the TV! It seems like all the big TV companies have gone down a bit

profile.country.GB.title
neradle
Explorer

Thanks for that, it appears to work but concerned we can't use motion flow though.

Ex.pat
New

I returned mine to currys yesterday. They were very good about it. Accepted that I had a genuine excuse no questions. Picked up a Panasonic which behaves as it was marketed to and also has hdd recording available now, not sometime hopefully in October/December/March. In my emails with Sony I had no confidence that they were going to sort the 3D issue out. Discussions with the guy at currys suggests that a lot of purchasers don't use the 3D once they've bought due to the scary cost of genuine glasses (despite the fact 3 different generic ones had worked perfectly on my Sony).

I'm sure I'll have some form of issue with the Panasonic (oh I did, Panasonic tuners aren't Unicable compatible). But I got sick of being fobbed off by Sony support. Took 3 emails for them to finally admit that they had known about the issue.

smashah

@Patrandec wrote:

While the extended warranty offer is nice of them, I'm still demanding an explanation of why the UK is the Ugly Stepsister while the EU and US have already gone to the ball as Cinderella in December. Why does it take Sony UK two more months to provide our fix? 

Ireland received another update:

Improves sound quality issues: v3.169

Firmware  28-12-2015

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/product/KD-55X8505C#SoftwareAndDownloads