Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

The fault will be fixed at the next round of fw updates, scheduled for end of feb.  Cheers

Hopefully a proper fix as the current stops auto picture working and locks the settings to the last auto one. This is with the EU firmware as I was not going to wait until February with a half functional TV!

smashah

@Risc0n wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

The fault will be fixed at the next round of fw updates, scheduled for end of feb.  Cheers

Hopefully a proper fix as the current stops auto picture working and locks the settings to the last auto one. This is with the EU firmware as I was not going to wait until February with a half functional TV!

Have you tried the recent firmware update v3.169   ?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@smashah wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

Yeah, just installed and no luck. The "fix" for 3D seems like a botch job.

smashah

@Risc0n wrote:

@smashah wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

Yeah, just installed and no luck. The "fix" for 3D seems like a botch job.

I am thinking about applying the irish / eu firmware to my television.  If i did apply the eu firmware, will i be able to apply the official uk firmware due for release feb 2016 ?

Gruttyman
Explorer

Just tried the Motionflow 'Off' solution and it seems to work for me.

I have to admit that I'm relatively happy to watch a few 3D movies without motionflow as it doesnt seem to make a huge difference (tried a CG and normal movie), so will wait for the February update.

It saddens me that Sony couldn't be bothered to post this workaround themselves, I'm sure that countless hours have been wasted by many of us trying to get rid of the blasted popup.

davewaite

Hi folks,

I am so angry with Sony, the regional repair centre and the retailer that sold me my Bravia smart 65 inch tv. The only 3D I've watched over Christmas was Star Wars at the cinema. I spent £2000 on my tv in July in good faith. Ever since November I have been plagued by this stupid pop up. Three weeks before Christmas my tv went in to the repair centre to fix this issue. My tv was returned to me on xmas eve and I discovered that not only did the repair centre failed to fix the pop up issue but totally screwed up the 3D full stop. I am disgusted in the way I have been treated and others too!. My tv goes back to the repair centre on January 4th. Why replace the bloody motherboard which the engineer screwed up in the first place? Crazy!. Why did the repair centre not check the 3D before they returned it to me? Because they couldn't have!. After hundreds of calls to Sony my complaints have fallen on deaf ears. Why will my retailer Littlewoods not replace this tv?. It is still only 5 months in to its manufacturers warranty. I have left very scathing comments on the Sony Uk website. No reply!. I have always been loyal to Sony over the years..my house is full of Sony products but after this disgrace Sony have now ***** their nest with me. Not being able to watch 3D has ruined my Christmas..how very little Sony care about their customers. Happy New Year folks... 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

I bought a yamaha av reveiver and have run items through that using arc. Watching a 3d film yesterday I was surprised to see that the pop up only came up around 4 to 10 times in 2 hours. Prior to this routing directly to the TV it was there pretty much all of the time.

I rang the sony call centre yesterday to say that i was impacted by this and the lack of hdd recording, they couldnt really have been less interested. I asked for a free extension to my my warranty but they said that wasnt possible, never been done, only the retailer can sell me an extension.

All they suggested was a factory reset which i declined. 

Once you get the "Engineers" out you risk human error, far better to hold out for software updates if they are promised. I know its debatable but a muppet with a hammer is probably more dangerous than a developer when it comes to tv's?

ezeest

All that hassle, a Sony support system totally untrained and useless at their job, and all it took for a temporary way out of the problem was a simple post on this site from a customer to tell us to go into the settings and change the 'Motion' setting from 'Standard' to 'Off' and this stops the 'pop up'. I have found for some reason I have to do it when I put in a new disc otherwise it defaults to 'Standard' but that might just be another setting. Admittedly this is not the proper fix but it gives us all trouble free 3D viewing for the time being. Just while the hell Sony could not post this info or tell Customers on the support help line when contacted shows the complete ineptitude of the Company and should bring shame on them, I bet this is being hidden from Sony in Japan big time with some Sony UK coverup. Sent from my iPad Pro
Patrandec

Wrenny,

That's not true the representative is wrong as Sony have offered to extend my warranty by six months and I bought mine from Amazon. But that was after emailing both the Head of Sony UK and Sony Worldwide and their media and PR firms!

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

@Patrandec maybe you could pm me their details, to avoid house rule infringements 👍