Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
profile.country.GB.title
neradle
Explorer

And me please, this whole experience is a complete joke! Everything in my setup is from Sony from the amp to my PS4, which you would assume should work seamlessly...

Davej1710
Explorer

Same here. 

Fed up of being told that they are aware of the problem but can't give me a timescale to get it fixed. Only bought my TV end of November so never actually had it working in 3d without this pop up issue. Little sympathy from Sony "support", same old script they seem to read from. They just don't listen or seem to have the influence to push this quicker. Ruined Christmas TV for our family too. Kids don't want to watch their new 3d movies, nor the wife. Waste of money until the software is fixed. I just sit there waiting for the next pop up. Driving me insane! 

I have all new Sony set up too. Lifelong Sony buyer but this has soured my experience completely. 

Davej1710
Explorer

Worked for a while for me but then decided to return with a vengeance. Have factory reset the TV so many times I've lost count. Works on occasion but sneeze and it's messed up for me again. No logic to it. Checked the settings and for me it's still set to off. We don't like motion flow set to off anyway as we can tell the difference so it feels juddery for us. Tried smooth which worked for a while but then returned. Only thing that happened at the time it returned was my son left the room & his glasses disconnected so he reconnected them, then it started with the pop ups again. 

profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

Hi

to people that have not seen it , turn off montion flo when watching 3d films , it does work with out any deceivable detriment to the picture. :slight_smile:

steveness
Explorer

Is there any update from Sony to this problem ?

I contected their support guys last week and finally got a standard response back today telling me to try everything that has already been mentioned in this thread.. none of which works.

I thought it had been acknowledged by Sony that it was a firmware update issue and that a release scheduled for end of Feb would resolve it, however I'm surprised their support guys don't know this so I'm wondering if this is correct.

I only bought the TV late December and the 1st thing I did was update the firmware so I can't say if it was OK prior to the update.

davewaite

Hi I have been told by Sony that the formal full pop up will be resolved with a software update in late February...it seems they are presently trying to appease people with a 6 month extension to the standard 12 month warranty..other than this I'm afraid I know no more. .

frankie1g

Many of us got 5 years anyway  Sent from my Samsung device
steveness
Explorer

wonder why their support guys didn't just tell me that instead of going through all the tests again then?

Seems internal communication is pretty poor at Sony..

If they are aware of the issue then they should put out a statement and save their customers the hastle of contacting them and going through the motions. Just for info, this is what they asked me to do..

-Try the different Screen modes: Settings - Display - Picture - Picture mode.

-If you change the screen mode instead of setting it to OFF, will happen / appear?

-Try different Screen formats: Settings - Display - Screen

-Try the different Dynamic Range settings as per the port: Settings - Display - Dynamic range

Davej1710
Explorer

I know this has been going on since at least late November as its never worked out of the box when I purchased my S8005C, with the same problem as others on this forum. TV did an auto software update, so might have been factory software working when in the box, but who would stop the TV performing an auto software update anyway? There was no indication that firmware would do this to the TV's.

"Customer service" reps are a joke. They know nothing and keep telling you engineers are fixing it and to wait. Rubbish response. Been over 7 weeks for me. How many engineers can they have acually working on this to take 7 weeks to fix a bug like this!?

Ruined our Christmas 3D viewing completely. Kids not happy, wife not happy, I'm not happy! Paid loads. Whole point was to make the family happy but completely the opposite. Embarassed to watch it anymore with anyone when they ask to see a demo. Whole point was to make the family happy but completely the opposite.

Better give me more than a pathetic 6 month extention on my warranty (that costs them nothing) to stop me flipping my lid.

Davej1710
Explorer

Steveness, one engineer told me to change the Time setting so it didnt automatically update itself, and if that didnt work to change the setting which stops you from using the app on your mobile phone as a remote! *****?!

Did it anyway to satisfy the stupidity of it, but didnt make any difference (surprise, surprise!).

I think they were either taking the piddle and making a fool out me or just wasting my time.

I've had another rant at them as its ben 2 weeks since I last asked and they said they were working on it and couldnt give me a timescale as to when its fixed.

Someone needs sacking if they work that slow!