Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55XH9005 and HT-G700, No sound

profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

Sony 55XH9005 and HT-G700, No sound

Hi All

As the title says, I have a Sony 55XH9005 and just today bought a Sony HT-G700 Dolby Atmos soundbar.  There is abolsutely no sound coming from the soundbar.  No matter what I do.  The TV detects that there is an audio device when I have connected it to the ARC HDMI port as I get the message on screen saying Audio System Active.  So it does seem to swtich to the soundbar, but thats it, I get nothing.  I have updated the TV to the latest 6.0152 software and the soundbar to the latest 1.035.  From what I can see everything should be working, but i just dont get any sound.  I connected the soundbar to my Samsung TV and everything works fine.  I get sound and the Samsung TV detects it as a HTG700.  But my Sony TV wont.  I've tried 3 different HDMI cables (all 3 which work on the Samsung), soft reset and hard reset of the TV.  Reset the Soundbar too.  Still no sound from the soundbar.  I am beginning to think that the TV ARC is not working.  Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Did you switch the TV speaker to Audio System in the sound settings menu?

Please also check the following support article for further troubleshooting:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xh9005/artic...

Cheers

Peter