Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 65XF9005 4K Streaming Local Network

profile.country.GB.title
PaneDi

Sony 65XF9005 4K Streaming Local Network

Greetings I have my home network at Gigabit Lan (i know the TV has only 100mbps LAN) but i tried to connect via WiFi AC as well and i cant stream from my PC (via Plex) 4k Content ..for example a movie that is 60gb lags terrible and you cant enjoy the movie ! 

is there any way of streaming 4k high bit rate movie without problems in local network ; 

or should i just use an external disk in usb 3 only 

also wanted to say that my computer has i7 7700k 16GB Ram and GTX 1070 sony thats not the problem .it cant transcode just fine 

any suggestions ?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Unfortunately the 100Mbps ethernet coupled with the Mediatek SoC in the TV is probably at its limit with even a 60Gb (guessing ~65Mbps) file. I am assuming smaller files will stream fine?  Is the file definately transcoding in Plex? Are you using the Plex local app or the normal video app on the TV, you could try switching between to see if its different.

I have read a couple of other posts on the community about it with similar problems with high bitrate files. I could never understand why TVs don't get Gigabit Ethernet but I guess its all down to cost and most people 4K content from Netflix and Amazon will be fine with a 100Mbps ethernet.

I think using a direct USB connection is probably the only way.

profile.country.GB.title
PaneDi

If i have in my PC open with plex media server and play files via video app on my tv it streams the movie fine and my pc isnt transcoding anything.

But with this method it doesnt load the subtitles..anyone noticed this;