Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A95L Auto Sound Calibration App Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Sony A95L Auto Sound Calibration App Problem

When I run this on my TV it immediately takes me to a screen with info on the app e.g. Force Stop, Clear Cache etc.  It doesn't actually run itself.  Switched off/on, reset, updated etc, no change.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@markdevlin 

Are you supposed to press the mic button on the remote to action the calibration?

Are you doing that?

And I hope the remote to do it with is the one in your hand, and not the one on the shelf(?) under the TV 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately no good 😞

Already have the latest firmware installed - think this issue started before then from when I first got the TV.

Also tried via the settings button but same result.

And tried the power cycle too 😞

profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

On the shelf under the TV???!!! Outrageous!!! It's in the box in the attic of course :wink:

haha actually I was using the right one but it did give me an idea.  Because I was running Apps Only mode pressing the mic doesn't activate Google Assistant or whatever it's called so I wondered if that might be an issue.  So I switched it on aaaaand... no joy 😞 

BUT it gave me another idea so I looked at the permissions on the app and under Mic it says "ask every time." Now that didn't sound like a deal breaker to me but what the hey, switched it to "Always Allow with App" and hey presto it works :slight_smile:

Problem solved!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help!