Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia CBR65X900C

profile.country.GB.title
petitesquire
New

Sony Bravia CBR65X900C

I purchased a 65 inch Sony smart TV.  I have had it slotted over 1 year.  It will no longer turn on.  I have tried everything Sony suggests in an attempt to rectify the problem with. I change.  Any and all attempts to vent my frustration ends with the nitwit on the other end saying “unfortunately your TV is out of warranty”.  Has anyone had the same problem/experience?  Is there something else I should try?  Has anyone been able to get them to stand by their product?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @petitesquire and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If you're TV is out of Warranty there's not a great deal you can do (its the same with all manufacturers)

Did they give you a quote for examining / repairing the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@petitesquire @jumpsuit 

Sorry, that may be true as far as the manufacturer goes, but that simply isn’t true overall.

A warranty is something over and above your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which are set out here and here.

But these are rights against the retailer, not the manufacturer, so it is the retailer you should turn to now, @petitesquire 

As per the R in Martin Lewis’ SAD FART acronym, goods should be expected to last a reasonable length of time.

@jumpsuit, would you hold that just over a year is a reasonable length of time for a premium Sony TV to last? I certainly wouldn’t.

@petitesquire you may have to argue that the set had an inherent fault now more than six months have passed since purchase, but that shouldn’t be too hard to do. So contact the retailer, and politely but firmly ask them to collect the set and repair it.

Further help, if you get any pushback, can be found in the links above.

And if you get nowhere with the retailer, but you bought the set with a credit card, you have Section 75 rights against the credit card company also, who are ‘jointly and severally’ responsible alongside the retailer. That is legalese for ‘both or either’, so it may be worth cc:ing them your letter to the retailer, as an extra lever.

Good luck! And if you wind up with a refund, get your next set from someone who gives a decent five year guarantee, like Richer Sounds or John Lewis. We had a kitchen TV that blew a cluster of pixels in year five, and JL refunded us just like that, no quibble.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @royabrown2  :slight_smile:

I was hoping that Sony wasn't the retailer...

Regarding your question....#samehymnsheet :wink: