Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV Audio Delay (On PS4)

Sony Bravia TV Audio Delay (On PS4)

X900F 55" PS4 Audio Delay/Out of Sync

I have two X900F 55Inch Bravia TVs. (These are our main TVs)

I also have a KDL-43W755C 43Inch Bravia

I also have a KDL-43W800C 43Inch Bravia

On all four TVs, the PS4s (we have two) that have been connected to them will occasionally be out of sync (a sound effect is delayed by about 0.5-1.0 second). It's very obvious when navigating menus which have a sound effect per button press. It can be fixed by doing any ONE of the following:

• Turn ClearAudio+ off and back on, or...

• Turn Nightmode off and on, or...

• Turn surround sound off and on, or...

• Restart the playstation.

• Sometimes it takes a few toggles of a setting ,or more than one restart.

If I keep surround sound DISABLED in the Sound settings (I have to first disable ClearAudio+, turn off Surround Sound, then re-enable ClearAudio+, otherwise the option is greyed out), it seems to never encounter the delay issue.

All four TVs do this. This is a software issue, it seems.

The PS4s are always directly connected to a HDMI port in Game mode, with all video post-processing options disabled.

I have no idea why all the TVs do this, nor why I can't find any other person encountering the issue.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How can you detect the audio delay without a reference? check it via a specific test such as this one https://youtu.be/s_PbyRpKrRk

Use this test to resolve audio sync issues "lip flap", most if not all audio video receivers will have a A/V sync setting that you can adjust audio sync in milliseconds. Note: The original clip was only 1 minute, each minute you will hear a small glitch as I extended it to 6 minutes. Doesn't ...