Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV Firmware Updates - Getting it right.

Debbi.R
Explorer

Sony Bravia TV Firmware Updates - Getting it right.

Hopefully this will save someone the pain that I experienced as a new Sony Bravia TV owner.

I bought mine in August. It's a KD-49X807C.

1) FORGET about downloading from the internet. There is always a server error. No, it's not you so forget about the pointless factory resets as well. Life is too short and your blood pressure too important.

2) FORGET about Support's website instructions. They remain incorrect/incomplete, although this is the second firmware attempt I have experienced. 

3) FORGET about ringing the contact centre, even if you can (in)conveniently take the day off work to fit in with their Mon-Fri, 9-5 opening hours. Reporting the uselessness of their instructions and asking for correct info from their call centre won't get you the solution in its entirety. You'll be told, if you're lucky, only part of the steps to take and treated like a numpty, because you haven't done bullet 4 below.

4) DEVELOP YOUR PSYCHIC POWERS. For goodness sake, you should instinctively know that the .pkg file needs to be duplicated and renamed.

Alternatively:

Quite why the direct internet download servers STILL don't work and why their downloads STILL aren't packaged properly is beyond me, but get yourself a USB STICK and follow these instructions, which are STILL the only ones to work for me:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/1974762/highlight/true...

David was clearly lucky and got the one support agent who knew his stuff, so thank you to him for sharing the info. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Fully understand your frustrations surrounding the 'painful' update process that some of you are having.  I have reported these issues to Sony and now awaiting some feedback.  Updates will be posted: HERE

Thank you