Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD55XE9305 (HDR)

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Sony KD55XE9305 (HDR)

Hi all just got a KD55XE9305 tv ,one thing i cant seem to get my head around is the HDR, if im watching something using HDR why dont i a see a popup telling me its active like my buddys LG or am i missing something.

ive tried pressing the info button but it shows nothing..for instance i bought a movie from the playstore but i cannot get any info when its playing. or streaming a film from my pc ?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Ninja,

Welcome to the community.

There's an online guide for your TV here with manuals that should help you find out more about how the HDR display features.

Cheers,
EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

ive got the manuals nothing in this of use thanks anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi,

Are you sure the move your watching supports HDR?

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Hi yes someone has told me how to check.

click on the action menu during playback and go to picture if the hdr box is on then we are good...

profile.country.GB.title
bittihuduga
Explorer

yes, it works.

when i am watching netflix hdr, i press action menu->picture-> on the screen it says App HDR.

although i cant get the same when I am watching kodi or vlc as it stops movie being played.

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

@bittihuduga wrote:

yes, it works.

when i am watching netflix hdr, i press action menu->picture-> on the screen it says App HDR.

although i cant get the same when I am watching kodi or vlc as it stops movie being played.

im watching a film streamed from my pc via nvidia shield ,using  SPMC (Kodi) works the same for me .

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

I   downloaded a  test hdr  sample  onto a  usb  an I also expected  a pop  up to say that it had detected hdr content and  therefopre switched to  optimum settings for hdr media. So are you saying that  you oly seea  notofication  of hdr content if yo  go  into the  action menue/picture section ?

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

@romipat wrote:

I   downloaded a  test hdr  sample  onto a  usb  an I also expected  a pop  up to say that it had detected hdr content and  therefopre switched to  optimum settings for hdr media. So are you saying that  you oly seea  notofication  of hdr content if yo  go  into the  action menue/picture section ?

Yes that is correct.:wink:

@romipat wrote:

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

thanks  for   clarifying that.