Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV and remotes driving me mental - can anyone help with config etc

profile.country.GB.title
dtewkesb
New

Sony TV and remotes driving me mental - can anyone help with config etc

Hi

I have a Sony Bravia KD-55X8507C TV, about 3 year old.

It's connected to a number of devices all by direct HDMI cables, as follows.

HDMI1 - Talktalk TV plus Box

HDMI2 - Sony 3d Bluray 5 speaker and subwoofer cinema system  

HDMI3 - Apple TV

Optical - going to the sony bluray

My issue is around input self switching.

How do i make the box switch to the right input when one of the boxes is turned on.

This isnt helped by the fact the sony remote only has a sequential input switch button, so i cant press a specific button to select my input.

Thoughts on what I do before my TV takes a leaf out of R Kelly's songbook and believes it can fly, out of my lounge window!

Do i need to configure things in a certain way?  I thought I had the right cables but would welcome advice on how to test the cables or auto turn on.  Also anything I need to configure on the TV or attached devices.

Thanks , in advance

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Let's say your tv is five years old being made in 2015..

what make it change input automatically is calle HDMICEC and renamed braviasync on sony platform.

You have to have it enabled  on the TV, HDMI cable compatibles (but they should be since it is a 10 years old feature)  and on all the device attached (braviasync on the sony bluray and don't know how it is called on the others). Apple tv compatibility is known to be somewhat instable...

As a workaroud if you push the discovery button on your remote you shpuld have a list of the input from which you can choose where to switch. And since your tv is still on nougat the same should be available on the android home menu