Join now - be part of our community!

the youtube application does not work after updating KDL-43WF805 to version 6.714

profile.country.UA.title
vilivik
Explorer

the youtube application does not work after updating KDL-43WF805 to version 6.714

After updating the TV to version up to 6.7140, the YouTube application for Android TV version stopped working properly: 2.12.08 hangs up and does not show when you start the video. while the application does not hang and you can work with it. other applications work without problems and display video. Resetting to factory settings, clearing the cache did not solve the problem. re-install TV update via USB not given.

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.IT.title
noodles78CA
Explorer

Software: PKG6.7165.0360EUA

Mod: KD-49XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi noodles78CA, try going to Play Store and search for the app and then check for updates, if it's already up  to date try uninstalling the updates then give it a try.

profile.country.IT.title
noodles78CA
Explorer

Hi, I have already tried to do what you suggested. bBut unfortunately the problem continues to persist:(

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

That is strange! Are you able to cast the app from your phone at least?

profile.country.GB.title
buyukbang
Explorer

I've 75XF9005 with the latest updates installed (6.7210) as of today and I'm having this problem through all of the Sony software updates. When TV sleeps while my wireless android remote (a remote including full keyboard and air mouse), after turning of TV I'm having two problems:

1- Youtube app freezes at the very first frame, showing black screen. It never plays the video.

2- Sound for everything except TV app give very very low volume. Weirdly enough, when opening TV (sattelite or cable, no matter) there is no sound problem for it.

The only problem I've found is rebooting tv by holding power button for 5 seconds on the remote. This fresh start clear both problems, until TV sleeps again and I turn it on again next day.

I've found a lot of seperate user topics here describing the same problem, some users have reported youtube problem, some users have reported sound. But through the years and lots of software update it is still not fixed 😞

profile.country.GB.title
buyukbang
Explorer