Join now - be part of our community!

TV SONY KD-55XG9505 - No Screen Mirroring option in Inputs menu

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MeGaDeTH_kn
Explorer

TV SONY KD-55XG9505 - No Screen Mirroring option in Inputs menu

Hello, everyone! I struggle recently with this feature and I am not sure if it is available as mentioned in several Sony Android Tv documentations. I am trying to project Windows 10 PC to the specified Android Tv and when I press Inputs button there is no Screen Mirroring option, there is no such application installed and I can't find it in Google Play Store. Do I want too much, I know about the alternatives - there is AirPlay installed, but I do not have payed AirParrot account and I find it disturbing to actually need anything from Apple while having Android Tv. Not to mention that there are definitely connectivity issues when I try to connect it automatically from Wi-Fi Direct menu. What options do I have?

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Miracast is not supported anymore, you can still use google cast that is quite easy on android device but is possible using chrome also on a windows pc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Miracast is not supported anymore, you can still use google cast that is quite easy on android device but is possible using chrome also on a windows pc

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

My preferred option is a HDMI cable from the PC to the TV.

Surely your TV has Chromecast built in?  Settings/Network & Accessories/GoogleCast.  Maybe the ScreenMirroring Source option appears only after first use?  Is your TV discovered by casting apps on other android devices?

profile.country.GB.title
MeGaDeTH_kn
Explorer

Hello! Chrome cast works great, I tried it, but I needed to have things outside Google Chrome, like other players and applications, just the way AirPlay and ApowerMirror both work great and I see all content from PC. At least you gave me clarity, I will need either one of these applications or will use HDMI. Thanks for the information and the replies, everyone! 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@MeGaDeTH_kn via chrome you may mirror the whole desktop not only the web content...

profile.country.GB.title
MeGaDeTH_kn
Explorer

Found "Cast desktop" and the quality is great, thank you very much for this!! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

One plus with the HDMI cable option is that you can control the PC from the TV sofa with a RF mouse (or a RF remote or RF keyboard) with the RF receiver in a USB port of the PC.  From my RF mouse to the RF receiver it is about 3-4 meters and in between there is my body and a wall to pass. Works fine!