Join now - be part of our community!

Two Issues - Anyone Else ? HDMI and Google Audio Cast

DangerMouseUK
Explorer

Two Issues - Anyone Else ? HDMI and Google Audio Cast

Hi Guys,

Quick one, does anyone else get the following;

1) When connected to a Sony Soundbar (HT-CT380) and you select HDMI 1 on the TV it will put the Soundbar automatically onto HDMI input three which has nothing connected to it ?

Every other HDMI input (well only 2 and 3 as the soundbar is connected to 4) will leave it set at TV, but the minute you select HDMI 1 it changes the soundbar to some weird input and you have to manually set it back to TV.

2) Am I right in thinking Google Cast on the TV does not yet work with Spotify and/or isn't Google Audio Cast compatible ? Is there any progress update on this at all ?

Thanks Guys.

1 REPLY 1
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

1) When connected to a Sony Soundbar (HT-CT380) and you select HDMI 1 on the TV it will put the Soundbar automatically onto HDMI input three which has nothing connected to it ?

Every other HDMI input (well only 2 and 3 as the soundbar is connected to 4) will leave it set at TV, but the minute you select HDMI 1 it changes the soundbar to some weird input and you have to manually set it back to TV.

I have a Sony KD55x8509c hooked up to a Sony HT-RT5 5.1 Soundbar and I have never had this problem.  The only problem I have had between the 2 was when I plugged in a crappy old HDMI to the TV, which killed Bravia Sync between the 2 devices. Swapping out the cable remedied this and I have had zero problems since.

Never tried Google Audio Cast to the TV, as I can send Spotify / Deezer etc, straight to the Google Audio Cast on my Soundbar, so unable to help on that point.