Join now - be part of our community!

XH8505 Prime Video

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin506
Explorer

XH8505 Prime Video

Not sure if others have experienced this but I recently purchased the Sony Bravia XH85 series TV, this came preinstalled with amongst other apps Prime Video - Android TV.

When i setup the TV an update was installed but his did not update the Prime Video app nor could I find it listed in the Google play store, although I knew there was a much later version available, unfortunately this was listed as incompatible with this TV, hence the reason not showing in the play store. So I forced an update by installing the latest version with an apk file and the app works perfectly.

As the app was still not showing in the play store, so no automatic updates, I contacted Amazon via the play store and within minutes the app displayed as compatible with my TV and is displayed in the play store on the TV and updated to the latest release.

Hope this is of help to others.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Kevin506,

probably someone at Amazon just forgot to tick a box in the "compatibility" settings of the apps listing on the PlayStore. Trough your feedback they corrected that error.

Thanks for updating us all that the app is now listed as compatible with the XH85.

- Nic