annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Rejoignez nous, partagez votre expérience!

a7iV face poor face detection in street photo : want a green square on face at 10m distance

profile.country.BE.title
marclabro
Nouveau

a7iV face poor face detection in street photo : want a green square on face at 10m distance

Hi Sony,

There is definitely a problem with a7iV latest update + 24-70 GM2 to recognize people in street, even alone. a bicycler, a jogger, a runner, a couple waling in a park... I have tried wide, zone with human face detetcion in mode A, F/2.8 or F/4, af-c, auto iso, min SS=1/250sec and i have lot of green points on most contrasty subject as wide is working in general, mainly on body but never i have a small green rectangle on a face making me confident of the focus, even when the guys come close to me but too late. For portrait at short distance, in studio, everything works fine with eye detection, even if i point my a7iv to my TV it detects any face on film,... so the only reliable mode in street is extended spot tracking or spot i locate manually on face. It is not normal for "the best AF on world". Please put strength on recognizing a human alone walking towards me in the street and then search his face. Not so difficult. No need a a7R5 to do that !!! My R5 and iphone 12 pro max do that quite easily in more difficult situations. Very disapointed !

4 RÉPONSES 4
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey marclabro, is it that new 1.1? Try the below: 

-Take out the batteries for two minutes. 

-Reset all the settings: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2110/v1/en/contents/TP1000616558.html 

-Test with another lens. 

-Test in different environments. 

profile.country.BE.title
marclabro
Nouveau

thank you Hanna,

But this requires to loose all my settings, presets,...

Everything works fine on my a7iv and before doing that, i want to be sure that i am supposed to have a green square on a face of a jogger, runner, walker coming towards me in the street or in a park, bridge at 10-20m distance with a 24-70 gm2 as we saw in old tutos with a7iii.

It is strange we see jumping green squares on the subject just because it is mosre contrasty or at front of the scene. I try to cover feet-head with little margin on top and bottom so not at 100m distance. The person is quite recognizable ! my iphone does much better work !

profile.country.BE.title
marclabro
Nouveau

strange, i was reading the sony guide of a7iv and they seem to say that a custom key for eye is more powerful than the AF on eye in menus and the custom button looks for a face everywhere even outside the focus area.

Not sure it helps but it means that it can override a focus area setting. suppose we are in spot af-c and cannot move focus point fast enough to locate it on face area, activating the custom eye button would jump on face ???

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey marclabro, I hear you, but my advice is to try the steps since you're seeing an issue.