Join now - be part of our community!

CASH BACK SCAM.

profile.country.GB.title
LuZigPet12
Explorer

CASH BACK SCAM.

I am at my wits end, I purchased a RX100M6 and put a claim in for the £100 cash back by sending all the relevant details, and by return email I was told the receipt I sent them from John Lewis was not good enough. So I sent another..........And since then they are ignoring all my correspondence.  This cash back is a scam and I will take my camera back to John Lewis armed with all the complaints from this site about cash back schemes and make a scene until I get a refund.  John Lewis's fault...not really but they should NOT deal with scammers like Sony.  

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Do I assume correctly that you bought this from John Lewis? I have checked their website and can find no "cash back" offers from either them or Sony.

Where did you get the cash back offer from, John Lewis at time of purchase or Sony in an advert?

Ah, I have just found the cash-back offer from Sony so presumably you filled out the online form and it is this that Sony are rejecting?

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 15.42.52.png

profile.country.GB.title
LuZigPet12
Explorer

Yes filled the online form from Sony! Just a pain in the ***** apparently I sent the wrong receipt in which they to me about by return email, and then I sent the correct one ago ( I assume) weeks ago but they have not replied to any emails I have sent them to confirm if it is right or wrong.........I suggest Sony scrap cash back if they don't really want to issue them.

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Um, very odd! All seems legitimate and above board. 

Thanks for the warning.