Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-RX100

profile.country.SE.title
jannep300
Explorer

DSC-RX100

I bought the splendid camera DSC-RX100 a couple of days ago. But I can't find the function to adjust a photo in the camera. Is it really so bad that this not possible and that I have to use a photo program in my computer? 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi jannep300,

Welcome to the community. 

In which way did you want to adjust the photos in the camera? Please have a browse of this Help Guide to see if this helps.

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.SE.title
jannep300
Explorer

In which way did you want to adjust the photos in the camera? (Your question)

When I have taken a photo on a certain distance I may want to adjust this photo by using the zoom to come closer to the object and I thus have made a new photo. This function has existed on all my cameras from Nikon and Sony. In my Sony W830 this function is very practical and you can easily change size, trim or whatever it is called. I would be a pitty if this function does not exist on the RX100.
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi jannep300, 

I can't see this in the Help Guide I previously linked to, so I will pass this on to the relevant team to look into. 

Someone will update this thread when we have more info to share.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.SE.title
jannep300
Explorer

Must be a very difficult question to answer, even for an expert.  Look at the enclosed photos. This is what I wanted to do in the camera, ie a new photo by using the zoom on the original photo and then just save. This function exists on all other cameras I have, even the small Sony W830. The excellent Sony DSC-RX100 should have this function too, or...?DSC00126.JPGDSC00126_1.jpg

profile.country.SE.title
jannep300
Explorer

After having waited for 3 months you have not replied to my question whether the requested function exists on the DSC-RX100 or not!?

profile.country.GB.title
pb.981

Hi, I have a RX100M4 and I don't think you can edit photos in camera at all. What you can do is transfer them wirelessly to a smartphone (you don't need a wifi network, you can do that on the spot). On the smartphone you can edit with something like Snapseed (it's free) and that will extract just the dog in your photo, or you could also change the brightness, contrast etc. I've had cameras that can edit saved photos but they can only ever do very limited stuff so in fact I never bothered with that function even when it was there

profile.country.SE.title
jannep300
Explorer

Thanks a lot for the reply. In fact the situation with my RX100 is that I have to transfer my photo to my computer and use a program ("photo") to make the adjustment in case I need another size of my photo (see enclosed dog). This has been possible to do in any other cheap compact camera that I have previously used. This more expensive DSC-RX100 doesn't seem to have this simple function which is a negative surprise. As this camera is a little more complicated than other cheaper cameras I still hoped that anybody knew a way to do this simple adjustment within the camera. Obviously not. 

profile.country.GB.title
lucyspop
Explorer

Not possible. Perhaps it's something for cheaper cameras rather than the wonderful RX100 series.