Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-W570 not switching on.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paullobster
Visitor

DSC-W570 not switching on.

My DSC-W570 will not swich on. Battery fully charged. Small red flashing light can be seen just under battery cover. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paullobster
Visitor

Thanks Start The Car,

Camera returned to dealer and battery checked out ok.

Fault still exsists , so dealer to return camera to Sony.

Thanks for posting reply anyway.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you have one, it’s always worth trying a separate battery, just in case, otherwise it maybe that the camera needs some service attention.

Two ways of doing this: You can either go back to your retailer who, in most cases, will be happy to arrange this for you, or you can follow the link below and book it in for repair with us directly.  It’s a freepost address and so if the camera is still under guarantee (usually one year) it will all be free of charge.

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/digistill/cyber/cyber.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=DSC-W570

Hope this helps

Lee

paullobster
Visitor

Thanks Start The Car,

Camera returned to dealer and battery checked out ok.

Fault still exsists , so dealer to return camera to Sony.

Thanks for posting reply anyway.

Paul

paullobster
Visitor

Thanks to Jessops. 3 weeks to fix(?) camera, I received a text message advising to collect camera from local store (where camera was deposited). Camera had been sent to wrong store over 600 miles away??? Will now have to wait at least another 2 (minimum) days to collect.

paullobster
Visitor

After waiting for 2 weeks, Jessops still hadn't sent camera to correct store.

The good chap in my local store (Aberdeen), admitted defeat, I'd been in to see him 4 times in total.

What a star he turned out to be tho. He simply went to the back store took out a brand new DSC-W570, opened the box and gave me a brand new camera. He apologised for the delay in returning the camera, and said that head office could deal with it, if and when the original camera ever turns up.

Whilst obviously slightly annoyed about the delay in returning my camera, I cannot fault the young chap. He was almost as exasperated as me. But his actions left me absolutely 100% happy. A brand new, fault free camera, and so far still in good working order.

Well done young man.

Jessops Brighton 0 - Jessops Aberdeen 100%.