Join now - be part of our community!

Problem setting up RX100 wifi connection to PC

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Problem setting up RX100 wifi connection to PC

Trying to set up a wireless connection with my PC running Windows7.  At the camera end I set the details inc password to our router, and all sort of seems ok.  My router sees a sonyimagedevice and when I click Computer I see the RX100 along with all my other devices.  I cannot get PlayMemories to work, it just seems to hang,  The camera at this stage has recognised the router but idles away saying Connecting....  or sometime later Sending...

I can doubleclick the drive and (slowly) access the camera like a drive, and download images and videos (albeit slowly).

I add that PlayMovies seems to work quite well when the camera is connected by cable, but I want to be able to upload pics and video without having to plug a cable in.

I would be most grateful if anyone can help by pointing me in the right direction.

Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Yes it is at v2.00 thanks

The problem seems to be resolved.

1) I installed Playmemories using compatability mode.

2) I now realise that long periods are not failure, its just the way Playmemories works.

All is good, as further investigation has convinced me that PM is very slow in getting started, and I guess I can sort of live with that.

Thanks for your help.

Alan.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Yes it is at v2.00 thanks

The problem seems to be resolved.

1) I installed Playmemories using compatability mode.

2) I now realise that long periods are not failure, its just the way Playmemories works.

All is good, as further investigation has convinced me that PM is very slow in getting started, and I guess I can sort of live with that.

Thanks for your help.

Alan.