Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with rx100m7 focus

profile.country.GB.title
lesley1556
Explorer

Problems with rx100m7 focus

I have just bought a rx100mk7 and I am having problems with the focus .......whenever I use the camera to take a picture  the green focus sq is either in the top right hand corner or the bottom right hand corner, never in the middle  like it was on my RX10mkVa and my RX10 mk3. so it means I always have to move it  back to the middle when I want to take a picture. This is happening on all the focusing modes. I have had a good look trough the menus on the camera to see if I can sort it .............I cant so now Im asking on here if anyone can help .........or is there something wrong with the camera ? 

Thanks in advance for answers 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Lesley, 

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony support team here who will be able to look into this for you. 

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @lesley1556,

well, I'm only guessing as I do not own the model you have. However, hopefully the following link to the online manual will be of help (please look halfway down: "To move the focus area").

https://helpguide.sony.net/dsc/1920/v1/en/contents/TP0001140434.html 

At least that should help you to centre the spot again.

Additionally maybe this is of help as well?

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
lesley1556
Explorer

PROBLEM SOLVED 

I had the touch screen focus switched on and every time I put the camera up to my eye to take a picture I was touching the screen and the focus point was moving to that spot. I have turned off the touch screen focus problem solved 

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @lesley1556,

@lesley1556  schrieb:

I had the touch screen focus switched on and every time I put the camera up to my eye to take a picture I was touching the screen and the focus point was moving to that spot. I have turned off the touch screen focus problem solved 

thank you for providing your solution!

Actually I had thought of the touch screen focus as well but did not dare to name it as a possible cause. I should have done as it drove me mad when my A6500 was new to me. I normally watch through the viewfinder with my left eye therefore my nose touches the screen. It took me quite some time to find out that I was every now and then moving the focus point with my nose...

Thanks again!

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)