Join now - be part of our community!

RX10M4 Programming M1 & M2

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

RX10M4 Programming M1 & M2

Setting Memory 1 & 2 - Just can’t get it to work!

I set the camera up for example: Stationary birds etc.:

Aperture priority f4

Drive Mode Continuous lo (3fps)

ISO AUTO

- focus C, Flexible Spot S 

I then got to menu 1 - page 3 - select “1” at the top and press centre button on rear wheel.

Reset the camera for: Birds in Flight:

Aperture priority f4

Drive Mode Continuous MID (10fps)

ISO AUTO

focus WIDE

Go back to Menu 1 page 3 - select “2” and press centre button on rear wheel.

As I understand it I should then be able to put MODE DIAL to MR and then press either left or right Control Wheel I should then be able to select either M1 or M2 and recall the stored settings - but it doesn’t work. When I select either M1 or M2 they are both the same settings.

Where am I going wrong? I’ve been at it for hours 😡

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @cheddarman, the Camera is? -)

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

DOH!! 🤡🥴 Sony RX10M4

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

I am still really struggling getting M1, M2 & M3 to record sets of settings and being able to recall them when I want! I have tried dozens of times now and Avery time, when I recall them they are all the same, they have recorded the last set on settings I programmed into one of them.

It is driving me NUTS!

What I have dome is to set my most used set into the "A"  and the second set for BIF into the M's.

When I want to change I just move the Mode Dial from "A" to "MR".

I cannot get any of the Custom Buttons to recall different sets.

profile.country.GB.title
kenthomson

I've made a video about this for the A7/A9 cameras. The principles are the same for the RX series, so perhaps it will help - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3nqq7KV-pU

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Thanks for that! It reminded me where I was going wrong! After setting the Mode dial to MR I was not then going to the wheel/L/R to select the memory I wanted!

Works just fine now!

I have since programmed a user set so that I can switch immediately from normal to BIF just by pressing the Focus Lock button - works a treat!