Join now - be part of our community!

A 5000 switching off

profile.country.GB.title
djmec1954
New

A 5000 switching off

Hello,

My A5000 is just over a year old, and out of warranty. When the camera is turned on the moment I touch the zoom or shutter release the camers switches off for a few seconds and then comes back on, the battery is a 100% charged. Does anyone have any thoughts, is the camera faulty or is it the battery?

Thanks

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @djmec1954 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Are you using the original battery?

If so and you've been able to use the camera after it powers back on and the battery shows

usage then its probably the camera.

Have you tried a settings reset just to see if that helps?

profile.country.GB.title
djmec1954
New

Hi,

I tried doing a camera reset, without any success, I'll try a new battery just in case it's that, then I guess it's back to Sony for a repair. The camera is only a couple of weeks out of warranty pity it didn't happen sooner.

Thanks for your help

Dave

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @djmec1954

Firstly, you're welcome :slight_smile:

Secondly, compare the potential cost of repairing it to the current price of an a6000.

They've come down a bit and there is currently a cashback offer on Sony cameras which

helps too. (providing you get a VAT receipt :wink: )

One example is Jessops where after the £100 Sony cashback it would cost £369

Have a look Here

Mr.Puski
New

Did you ever got it resolved? I'm having the same issue. It seems like a fault with the button, since the power on button is just below the zoom ring.

profile.country.GB.title
djmec1954
New

Hello, I never did resolve the problem. The repair cost quoted by Sony was high in comparison to the cost of the camera. The problem still exists but i just accept it.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Mr.Puski, did you try any steps? Removing the batteries for few minutes for example?