Join now - be part of our community!

A few suggestions for Imaging Edge

JimH123
New

A few suggestions for Imaging Edge

I have been using Imaging Edge with my A7iii, A6600 and A6300 and it is working great.  But there are a couple suggestions I would like to make for the product.

1.  I have been using Imaging Edge for nighttime astrophotography, and it is working great.  And the refresh rate on live view is fast enough to make manual focusing so easy.  But, because the refresh rate is so fast, I don't see many stars in live view.  The suggestion would be to have a slider that I can slow down the refresh rate so that the camera can gather more light and see more stars for aiming purposes.  Still need the fast rate for focusing, but slowing it down after focusing is done would be very useful.

2.  Would like the means to turn on/off the viewer.  Sometimes I do not want the Viewer to pop up after each shot.

3.  The documentation says that live view is not available for the A6300.  But I am finding that it is working fine.  What is lacking is the magnifier button useful for manual focusing.  But the magnifier can still be enabled from the camera while it is connected, so that will suffice.

By the way, I have used Olympus Capture, the competing product used by Olympus for their cameras.  And the live view refresh rate is very slow making focusing extremely difficult to do, but the live screen certainly shows a lot more stars since it is capturing more light.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey JimH123, very useful suggestions ^^ you can also contact Sony directly to deliver your feedback: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?cpint=spt-footer_contact