Join now - be part of our community!

BLUE RAY BDP S350 Firmware

profile.country.GB.title
DVD00999
Explorer

BLUE RAY BDP S350 Firmware

I would like to know the last firmware up date for the DVD player BDP S350 please.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
DVD00999
Explorer

This is another random search davey, 
"Sony BDP-S350 will no longer play Universal discs. Firmware upgrade problem?"

I recently found that my S350 will no longer play a few discs. I can't be sure, but it may have been following the upgrade to the latest (024) firmware.

The discs are not damaged in any visible way and don't need cleaning. They worked fine one day then the next they don't.

I've checked Serenity and it plays OK in my S350 with the v24 firmware.

I did contact Sony over a week ago. They seem to be scratching their heads on this one.

I tried a fourth Universal disc: Back to the Future. Exact same!

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-bdp-s350-will-no-longer-play-universal-discs-firmware-upgrade-...

profile.country.GB.title
DVD00999
Explorer

this man says ribbon maybe weak solder maybe,

I am new here so please forgive id i post this question in the wrong place. Have a Sony BDP-S350 just picked it up because my original purchased in 2008 started getting finicky. Kept giving me "cant play this disc" or something similar on all my blu rays. As far as i could tell it was weak solder connections on a ribbon connector on one of the boards. Barely touched it and it came off the board..oh well.What do i expect for 15 years. So i replaced it with the same model, used obviously cause I like the look. (new models are too thin or expensive , even used Denon models are going for 200+ on Kijiji) Anyway...all my blurays seem to play fine, EXCEPT one! "Short Circuit".....its region free, brand new so no scratches or prints. The 350 has the latest and Last update '026', but for some reason Johnny Five won't play. I'm stumped!

profile.country.GB.title
DVD00999
Explorer

This person's saying clean the Laser, others say it is worn out, others say they do not wear out.

At 91 years old I done in by all this, too exhausting for me. Ordering Panasonic BD84, or similar. 

The S350 is few years old now - 2008 by the look of it, so at 12 years old any repair is likely to be uneconomic. You're better off just buying a new unit - and if you just want a basic player the Panasonic BD84 is about £ 60 on line and will do the job just fine.

I have a DVD lens cleaner but it won't work on it so have ordered a Blu-ray one specifically.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2374591/blu-ray-player-not-working