Join now - be part of our community!

broken PS5

profile.country.GB.title
Shuggyd12
New

broken PS5

• Sony customer uk is the worst have broken ps5 crash when logging up constantly its unusua. After phoning the 4 time over 7 hours still no return slip been sent by post and It been 8 days.sony knows some of the ps5s are doing this so why is it so hard to return.cost me over £600 for ps5 and games and Sony don't seem to care because thay have my money and I got no Xmas present for my son.thanks sony
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Carried out all the trouble shooting?

Carried out the resetting steps?

Carry out a return for replacement or repair here!

https://hardware.support.playstation.com/en_GB#/

There you can select the options you want, and also read the notice that there will be significant delays as the service is busy during the pandemic.

Also, lay off the "Sony is selling faulty goods and they know it" and "They don't care cause they have my money" rubbish.

It's a bit tiring now.

Finally, you are aware that the retailer is who you should be approaching regarding this, so close to purchase?!

profile.country.GB.title
Shuggyd12
New

amazon has offered a refund i don't want a refund i want a working ps5 for my kids Xmas amazon cant replace me with a new 1. and there are reports of other ps5s doing the same thing so Sony is selling a faulty product not all of them but customer service in UK is terribly have phoned them 4 time for a shipping returns label to be sent to me 8 days still no label on second phone call was told person I originally spoke to did not sent one out .£450 for ps5 £90  for godfall £50 for spiderman mm and £55 for cyberpunk .spend all that and ps5 faulty ridiculous

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Well at the moment a refund is all you could probably expect, with demand being so high.

As to faulty goods, did you ever think it might have been used as a football in the delivery depot, as I can guarantee delivery companies are not gentle with items.

I also hardly think that Sony deliberately sold you a faulty ps5, just because.

And as for the label, you can get it emailed to you, and you can print it off at your leisure, at a friends, at a local print shop, etc.

It's a shame but a lot of people will be like that in your boat, and launches are always like that.

Just keep checking the stores, and hope for the best, I'm afraid.

A last ditch attempt will be the service menu on the ps5, where you can rebuild the database, fix software errors, or even down to reformatting the whole ps5, it's worth a shot.

Bollyboy
Explorer

I'm in the same boat, got my PS5 a week after launch, just keeps shutting down when ever I launch a game.

Got onto PS Support and after going through all the possible fixes they agreed it was broken and they would replace it. After a few days they requested all my info to set up a label with the courier, sent them all and after a few days I got the label. I had to ring DPD to book it in for collection, after a few days of them not picking it up I called them back and was told that Sony had not sent them on the information for the pick up. Now my emails are being ignored and I am just in limbo. the only thing I am confident about is that I am not getting this resolved before Christmas.

It is a disgusting way to treat customers so close to Christmas, even a response to say, "So sorry we are really busy"

would be something but to just ignore you is despicable.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

This is the Community for Sony Electronics and Mobiles. For anything related to Sony PlayStation I would advise getting in touch with the support team here or on Twitter @AskPS_UK.

Best wishes,

Sean