Join now - be part of our community!

cashback

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
notcool
Explorer

cashback

On November 26 I saw Sony camera cashback activity from currys, so I decided to buy a Sony digital compact camera. Registration and application for cash back activities were conducted on the official website on 11/26/2017. Because it is purchased online, there is no paper invoice. The first email replied by sony told me that they did not receive a valid invoice (12/05/2017). I found the electronic version of the invoice from the mailbox. So I sent that to Sony. I thought this time should be able to get cash back, but after two weeks, the email I got from sony said that I missed the deadline to participate in cash back activities. I immediately sent another e-mail and call the relevant staff. The answer was that they did receive the mail but the invoice could not be opened. I went to the local currys shop and got the receipt, So once again I sent out the required documents for the event on December 21, unfortunately on January 9, 2018, they notified me that it was too late to participate in the event. The reason is more interesting, they did not receive any email on 21th. . . Ha ha. . . The email I sent out is still in my mail box, E-mail sending status is successful. How could they not receive my email? The cash back activity seems a joke for me. Share my experience for you, sad and disappointed!:angry_devil:hope you can get the cashback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @notcool

Support have reported that they only received a valid proof of purchase in the email sent on 9/1/2018

but they are going to proceed with the cashback request validation as an exception.

The cashback amount will to be transferred within 28 days from today (11/1/2018) :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @notcool and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

A few members have had problems when claiming their cashback but

Support are usually very good at sorting things out.

I have escalated this for you, so someone should be in touch with you soon-ish.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

jumpsuit, do you consider it better to communicate with Support by web form or by phone in order to pursue a long-outstanding Cashback claim? The web form seems to go to Sony.eu, who also handle the online Cashback claims, so it's unclear whether UK Support get involved in this case.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Trevelyan

I would definately telephone them on

+44 (0) 2073652810

Cheers :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @notcool

Support have reported that they only received a valid proof of purchase in the email sent on 9/1/2018

but they are going to proceed with the cashback request validation as an exception.

The cashback amount will to be transferred within 28 days from today (11/1/2018) :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

jumpsuit - many thanks, but I had a response to the webform from Sony Support today, stating that my Cashback claim had been authorised on 8 January (would have been nice if they'd emailed me to say so without prompting!), and would be paid within 28 days. That's five weeks after the claim was made to get authorisation, and possibly another four weeks before I receive the cash! Not a very impressive performance, I have to say.

profile.country.GB.title
notcool
Explorer

@jumpsuitThanks for your help!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Trevelyan

Glad its sorted now :slight_smile:

Hi @notcool - You're welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

jumpsuit - well, up to a point - although the claim was authorised on 8 January, I understand I will have to wait up to 28 days more to actually receive the money!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

Yes its not ideal, but at least you are guaranteed payment now.