Join now - be part of our community!

Complaint contacts

eggyboff
Explorer

Complaint contacts

Hello,

I need to make a complaint about sonymobile.co.uk but the only methods I have of contacting them are through chat (they only want to support existing customers or make a sale), an online form (that doesn't get responded to) or by phone (which costs me money, I'll have no record of what was said and people can never be held accountable to what they said)

I'd rather deal with people through email and preferably directed to somebody who would actually care and not just bury my complaint.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
eggyboff
Explorer

I probably should have done a search before posting this. It's clear that, from all the posts, there is no easy way to contact Sony if you have a problem. It's also clear that Sony knows this and doesn't care.

I'm now overdrawn at the bank because muduslink took money out of my account before they said they would. They've cancelled the order because they're out of stock (of something, the email doesn't say what) but it will still take "at least 10 days" for them to give me my money back (quote from Daniel in their "support")

They can take your money in seconds - it takes weeks to get it back. They can tell you that your order is cancelled by email - they won't respond to yours. They cause the problem - it costs you money to sort it out.

I won't be buying from Sony online again and will definitely keep this experience in mind when buying in shops.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

Is sonymobile.co.uk a retailer website or something? Can't see their page...

If you mean sonymobil.com as in the manufacturer and you bought from them directly, I think you can get in touch with them here http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

eggyboff
Explorer

Sorry, I did mean .com (a Sony branded website run by ModusLink) and that is the place where you have 3 options for getting in touch with them. Phone - I tried last night and gave up after almost 10 minutes waiting for an answer, chat - no use at all, web form email - they never respond.

Thanks for the response though.

Has anyone got any tricks for getting a response from this lot?

Simple contact seem impossible, it sends you in a loop. Wish I had tried to get info before buying this load of tosh.

eggyboff
Explorer

The only contact details you will find are the ones that you've probably already tried and the few postal addresses and phone numbers mentioned in other posts. There is no way of contacting them without it costing you money.

I feel exactly the same as you, I wish I'd known that there is no customer service at Sony. The answer is, never to buy from Sony - even better, don't buy Sony.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Does this website assist:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

I use it quite a bit when calling companies (can  be hit or miss at times though)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi eggyboff,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Unfortunately both Playstation and Sony mobile have there own forums however I have forwarded your comments onto one if my contacts in a hope that they can assist you in some way, I can't promise anything but if I do get a response I will update this thread..
fraz101
Explorer

Yes and i want to complain about the *****ty build quality of the xperia z3 compact phone, right now i'm on screen number three and now it has a crack on it and that's with a screen protector!

Now i can understand Sony's logic for building fragile phones that smash to bits when you drop them, obviously it's so you have to keep sending them away for repair, thus more profits for Sony, however me and other xperia z3 compact owners feel that this is a really snidey, below the belt way to build a phone and will only lead to us boycotting Sony products, so in future Sony if you want happy customers who will continue to purchase your phones you will have to improve their build quality and make them able to withstand being dropped onto the floor as this is something that happens a lot in the real world.If this means increasing the cost of the phone then fine as i wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for a phone that WILL NOT BREAK.........EVER!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fraz101,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions, complaint there as you are more likely to get better assistance on the dedicated Xperia support forum..