Join now - be part of our community!

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

Hey!

To celebrate that Sony’s Hawk Eye goal line technology is being introduced in the new Premier League season, I thought we should have a Sony Community Fantasy Football league!

Do we have any football fans here?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is the link you’ll need. You’ll need to sign up first and then you’ll be able to create your team.

Then each match day you’ll be given points based on clean sheets, goals, etc. You’ll be able to make subs and transfers throughout the season. You can find all the rules here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/

Once your team is created, you’ll be able to join the league.

Sony Community league code is: 948955-247252

Good luck everyone!

Do you think goal line technology will have an impact this year? Who are your picks for the top 4/bottom 3?

Tags (2)
424 REPLIES 424
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay - England 2 - Poland 0

Just what I predicted but didnt post :nauseated_face:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL you beat me to the punchline :laughing:

Was going to post at full time but got caught up in it all after Gerrard scored lol. :flushed:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Right ya buggers, couple of cheeky transfers and I'm now back in the mix... Game on...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooooo....We are all scared (LOL)

tumblr_mabixeyOJE1ra31qvo1_250.gif

</scarcasm>

Hopefully some of us can try and prevent a runaway leader.

Catmambo
Contributor

My optimism will inevitably expire at 4.45 on Saturday afternoon...
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL

I was wondering if anyone will copy the top person's team?

(Maybe with the exception of 1 or 2  players to allow for point gains)

At least that way they shouldn't make too many points more than you.

Settle for second? Oh yes I would lol

Catmambo
Contributor

It would almost be impossible due to cumulative points and the fact you can only change 1 player a week though I guess. I've looked at the list of players and added ones who seem to be performing, but sods law they will start being useless now. I subbed in that Townsend fella this week - just watch him crash & burn on Saturday..

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Possibly, I was just thinking more for those who haven't played their 'wildcard' yet, made transfers or may have had several same players already.

Ineresting buy - he played well for England (although how good Montenegro and Poland actually are is debatable no matter what Adrian Childs and co think lol)

p.s Did you all see the World Cup Rankings? Were they drawn out of a hat? :angry:

Catmambo
Contributor

Ah yes wildcard. I might have to investigate that one. I've shifted some deadwood in the last two weeks so I'll see how this w/end plays out..

I'm more perplexed by this talk of a 'Golden generation' from a few years ago that the media refer to.. Seems a total myth - yes the rankings were higher in the mid '00's, http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamRank/RankFIFA.html but then somehow in 2012 we were 3rd best in the world... Are you kidding me? This is a team who've not come near winning a trophy since the 90's..

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Just an observation.

There are 14 pages of posts from a very small group of (4 - 5) user who have joined the fantasy Football league but for those that did not join it may be useful to rest of the 'community' if someone regularly posted your actual league table results so that we all could see your points & league standings, etc.

What do you think?