Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories Home Add sound file

profile.country.GB.title
HMalik
New

Playmemories Home Add sound file

Hi  I want to add a sound file to my edited video.  I can only see the default sound files and if I try to add a file from my computer, this does not work.  

I have noted there is an option to do this but it does not work.   I am currently using PlayMemories Home Version 6.0.00.12211

Look forward to hear from you.

I cannot see how I would know if someone can help me . If possible please email me the fix.

[*The personal email address was redacted by a moderator*] 

Kind Regards

H. Malik

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @HMalik,

the video editor within PlayMemories is such a cumbersome piece of software which hasn't really seen much love over the last years.

Though for me it works to add a file. Where do you click to add it, maybe share a screenshot. Which file format is the music/sound file in which you are trying to add?

Even if we figure out what the issue was, if I were you, I would use any other (free) editing software like "DaVinci Resolve".

My personal recommendation would be "Magix Movie Edit Pro" (not free).

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
HMalik
New

Thank you.  

I have also found that playmemories has a limit of 4GB when you render the final video file. 

I have also found that the write to disc is also difficult to use, even though I have used the same files, registered the camera used, it still keep on prompting as unrecognised format.

I will use Devinci Resolve. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @HMalik,

as stated before - I would recommend to use another editing software.

- Nic