Join now - be part of our community!

Sweets when you were a kid.

profile.country.en_GB.title
helmccur
Visitor

Sweets when you were a kid.

Hi, I am new to Club VAIO but it seems it's all technical stuff on forum. Can anyone remember their fave sweets as a bairn? Mine were splicers ... like a bundle of opal fruits mushed together and flattened into a bar. Also pacers which were like minty chewits. :tongue:

12 REPLIES 12
bethanie
Visitor

hi nellydoll i remember peanut brittle bars they were gorg mmm :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tapjorsyl
Explorer

Hey!Blencogo
there`s a little shop in Whitby north yorks still selling all those old favourites.last visit i was in their for a good hour picking a carrier bag full "happy days" tapjor.

Bulbie
Visitor

My favourite sweet was the flying saucers, but I liked the shrimps too. And sherbert always goes down a treat! And does anyone remember those toffee bullion bars? They came in a gold tray, and you often had to try and eat the toffee out of the tray because it wouldn't peel away, resulting in many a cut tongue and fingers! Those lollies as well, that come in a little round dish like that that a jam tart would come in, made of this red, clear stuff. Pan lollies they were called in my village. And there were other lollies too that I miss so very badly. I never knew what they were called, but they were good and big, almost the size of an a5 envelope, with a big dimple in the middle, and we're made from the stuff Edinburgh Rock is made of. Came in loads of different flavours, but our local shops only really got them in strawberry and mint, which was fine by me, those being my two favourites anyway!

I assume you've heard of www.aquarterof.co.uk? It's the best site of its kind out in the interwebby!