Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty issues and product out of stock!

Rii4444
Explorer

Warranty issues and product out of stock!

I pre-ordered the Sony FDRAX1 4K Camcorder with a 4 years warranty online on 4th Aug 2015.

Yesterday, Sony called me said they are no longer doing the 4 years warranty, but somehow the system still accepted my order. I can cancel the order or switch the 4 years warranty to other options. I do need the camcorder, so she transfered me to one of the salesman. After I explained the whole situation, he told me they do have two options which are 3 years or 5 years warranty. However, I can not switch it until I received the camcorder. Then he left me a phone number and let me to call it after the camcorder is delivered.

Until then, I was totally understanding. But today, when I checked my orders online, it says the FDRAX1 is out of stock! And because of the warranty issues, they cancelled my original order and replace a new order. So now, I have to wait for the new stock arrive. 

It is my first product from Sony, and I bought it to record a event next weekend. It was supposed be delivered on 25-26th Aug. And now, I do not know how long I should wait!

Well done! Sony.

1 REPLY 1
MartiniJosh
Explorer

Yeah, that's what Sony employees are. Not to mention Sony customer service...