Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii video call sound problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
brphillips358
Explorer

Xperia 1 ii video call sound problems

I've just recently got hold of a Xperia 1 ii to find there is a video call sound problem. When I make a call, using duo or messenger, the person I am talking too keeps getting echoes of their own voice from my phone. This makes it difficult to communicate. If I plug headphones in there's no problems. 

O2 have sent me a replacement phone but it's still got the same problem. 

Has anyone got any ideas or info on this?

Is there a known hardware/software fault?  And is there a fix available? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, that wasn't expected, but it's good to know that cases could affect on the sound also not just SIM cards and SD cards. Thanks for updating us though.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

If it doesn't happen in normal calls, or speaker calls via network, try swapping between network and wifi for the duo/messenger calls, and see if that improves, or makes it worse.

If it doesn't happen on normal/voice calls, then you're looking at the apps.

Sometimes their noise cancellation and a.i voice software is absolutely garbage, nothing to do with the phone, just the app itself.

profile.country.GB.title
brphillips358
Explorer

• I've tried using WiFi and network (separate calls and toggling on the same call),  makes no difference.  I've also just discovered,  if I make a standard phone call (which works fine) and the put it through speaker phone I get the same problem. 

Thanks for answering. 

profile.country.GB.title
brphillips358
Explorer

UPDATE:

OK, so I contacted Sony direct and they said it didn't sound like the phone it's self was the problem but more likely the sim card. The said put another sim card in and try again and It worked!

So I've just ordered another sim. Fingers crossed.

If this DOESN'T work I'll update this again to let you know in 3 or 4 days time when the sim arrives in the post.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, SIM cards could cause performance issues with the phone if they're damaged, if you ever faced an issue with the device's performance ,first steps that you try is to take out the SIM card or the SD card if you have any and check if you will face the same issue or not. Hope it'll work fine with you after the new SIM card.

profile.country.GB.title
brphillips358
Explorer

So after I replaced the sim card with a brand new one, I still have the
same problem. So frustrating. I am now at a loss what to do.
Looks like another phone call to Sony tomorrow morning.
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to test the normal voice calls again on speakers after you got the replacement SIM card?

profile.country.GB.title
brphillips358
Explorer

Yeah, after more hours of exhaustive testing and head scratching it turns
out this time it's the case I've got it in. I tested it with the case off
right at the beginning but it still had the echo prob. After a new phone
and a new sim, now it turns out to be the case. I suspect I did have a
dodgy sim to start.

Thanks for the help and replies.

All sorted.

B.
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, that wasn't expected, but it's good to know that cases could affect on the sound also not just SIM cards and SD cards. Thanks for updating us though.