Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Giga Juke freezes on start up

corabaugh
Explorer

Sony Giga Juke freezes on start up

I have a Sony Giga Juke HCD-S500HDE.

The unit has been working fine for the past month with no issues, when I went to start it up yesterday on the loading screen there was an error message "repairing HDD" this last for about an hour, then the error message "please wait. Turning off after setting is applied" it has remained on this ever since!

I have left it over night, tried turning it off/on and tried performing a hard reset with the stop and power buttons together.

I have spoken to sony, they suggested posting the Giga Juke to their repair centre but this is not possible for me as I am currently abroad.

There must be another way to reset the machine?? or another to boot it up??

Please help as it is unusable at the moment!!!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Corabaugh,

Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Is this a European model because I can't seem to locate it other than on the US sites??

corabaugh
Explorer

Yes its the europeon model

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

searching for HCD-S500HDE leads me to a product looking like this, is this what you have??

HCD

And instructions on how to reset to factory settings but I am not sure that this is the product you have??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thalamus - i bought one of those systems in 2002 i think.  Its a 5.1 DVD system

Im wondering @corabaugh has given the wrong model number?  Could you mean NAS-50HDE ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Quinnicus wrote:

Im wondering @corabaugh has given the wrong model number?  Could you mean NAS-50HDE ?

That was my thinking..

As you have the product maybe you'll be better placed to assist..

corabaugh
Explorer

It is the Sony Giga Juke 160 GB CD, Stereo with DAB (UK model)

I have tried the factory reset that was suggested in the comments and unfortunatly that has not worked. When the unit is turned off it flashes the purple/blue coloured light as if the reset has worked but once the unit is turned back on it just gets stuck on the same screen, with the same error message again.

Are there any other ways to do a factory reset?

corabaugh
Explorer

This is the error message:

"please wait. Turning off after setting is applied"

it has remained on this ever since!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Corabaugh,

have asked a Sony contact & to reset you have to press the stop and power button simultaneously, which I believe you have already tried..

If this has not worked then unfortunately then your original response form Sony that your Giga Juke needs a repair seems to be the best option..:smileysad:

corabaugh
Explorer

Is there a way the back can be taken off the product to reset something inside?