Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1060 AirPlay name

SOLVED

STR-DN1060 AirPlay name

Sony please allow user to set the a custom AirPlay name for their devices.

Instead of having the device to show up as 'STR-DN1060 XXXXXX', I would like to set a customer name for my device, for example 'Living Room'.

It's impossible for family members to recognize different devices if they are identified by the device's model number, and even more so if you own more than one receiver with the same model number.

This should not be too complicated to implement in a firmware update.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi marcobarriosno,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Looking at the user guide it appears this may be possible but without the product I can't check, could you take a look & confirm if indeed you can rename the device please..

image.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Titis_0000
Community Team

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this information, we'll pass on the feedback

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi marcobarriosno,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Looking at the user guide it appears this may be possible but without the product I can't check, could you take a look & confirm if indeed you can rename the device please..

image.jpeg

Thank you for your response Thalamus.

To my understanding assigning a name to device using the given instructions does not affect the AirPlay settings. I am quite sure that I tried this.

AirPlay Instructions

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I can't say if changing the device name will work for you but I know changing the device name of my network speaker did change the name that appeared under AirPlay..

The instructions for my network speakers gave a similar guide to yours i.e. stating product name for using AirPlay..

Worth checking again just to be sure!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @marcobarriosno,

have you been able to try changing the device name as suggested, if so did it also change the name of the device in AirPlay??

Hi @Thalamus.,

Thank you for all your help. I could not verify this earlier because we are middle of moving and the receiver was already packed away and sent to the new flat. I went to pick up the receiver last night and changing the device name did in deed solved the problem. I have now accepted your earlier response as the correct answer.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent thanks for the confirmation & good luck in your new home..