Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1050 server list hangs, how to clear it

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jsryork
New

STR-DN1050 server list hangs, how to clear it

I have a STR-DN1050 with a wired ethernet connection.  I have a number of DLNA servers on the home network, and visitors come and go with extra devices.  When I first used it, I could play music from DLNA servers and TuneIn radio.

Now when I go to Listen, Home Network or Listen, Music Services, the DN1050 stalls.  I can see the first 4 entries in the server list (all these devices are no longer active on the network).  The 'down' button does not move through the list.  The 'Display' button toggles scrolling of the device name.  The 'Option' button responds, but then 'Delete' makes the DN1050 hang, with an rolling circle in the top-right corner, and never completes.

I would like to clear the server list - is there a way to do that.

If not, is there a 'factory reset' which will clear this list, even if I will need to re-enter my network and AV setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsryork
New

Ok, I think I have found what I needed.  In order to verify the wired network connection was OK, I used Settings, Network to re-start the wired auto DHCP connection.  This connected OK, and as a side-effect has cleared the server list.

Now I can add just the active DLNA server, and also play TuneIn radio OK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jsryork
New

Ok, I think I have found what I needed.  In order to verify the wired network connection was OK, I used Settings, Network to re-start the wired auto DHCP connection.  This connected OK, and as a side-effect has cleared the server list.

Now I can add just the active DLNA server, and also play TuneIn radio OK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - glad you managed to fix it.  Thanks for posting back as im sure this will help others too.

Cheers