Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer - 2013 TVs [Sept 2016]

profile.country.GB.title
Torin60
Explorer

BBC iPlayer - 2013 TVs [Sept 2016]

Very hacked off. the same issue has happened again. I posted the same 4 weeks ago. Then Iplayer published this.

_20160905_130203.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Assuming its not an issue on your end, I think it is best if you report this to the BBC - In general, Sony cannot do that much. 

Use this online form:

https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/forms

Cheers

On Sony KDL-32W654A smart tv BBC Iplayer no longer works although it is listed as a supported device, not one of the devices BBC says it will end support for tomorrow, 29 September. How can this be fixed?

profile.country.GB.title
Torin60
Explorer

Thanks for the advice. On the Iplayer site there is news that they are again trying to close down iplayer V2 which is on tv's from 2009 to 2011. They list all effected tvs, not just sony, and yet again my tv model is not on the effected list. This switch off occurs tomorrow. I have raised this with Iplayer and will post any news I receive from them. What a pain again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lesbillbell

I have merged your posted to this one.  Please post in the right section in future.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Both

The info about iPlayer closing on certain TVs should NOT be effecting you guys.  Its a separate issue altogether.  Having said that, It is curious on why it has all of a sudden gone down again.

I have modified the thread title to make it easier for people to find.

In the meantime, Ill also report it to Sony and see if they can assist in any way.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

BBC have updated their help site:

iPlayer 29-09-2016.jpg

However SonyUK have tested this issue this morning - Can you confirm if its still an issue?  If so, are other apps working or not (i.e. 5OD)?  Also please confirm your ISP name?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Torin60
Explorer

Things are back to normal. Just for info, all my other apps were working fine. It appears to have been an Iplayer issue.. thou why when our  Bravia were not in the list of older tvs. (Some only 2011 and not being supported??). I'm with BT broad band. Thank you for all the help.