Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia tv - itv catch up?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jammyjimbo
Visitor

Bravia tv - itv catch up?

Can someone point me in the right direction to find a list of what I could get with bravia tv on the KDL-32EX403?

Its looks like I can only get iplayer and youtube is this correct? or can I get itv catchup?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

There as been no announcent weather this service is coming to Bravia Internet TV.

ITV Player and 4oD have only recently launched on PlayStation 3.

Personally I would like the PS3 music service VidZone to come over to Bravia.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

There as been no announcent weather this service is coming to Bravia Internet TV.

ITV Player and 4oD have only recently launched on PlayStation 3.

Personally I would like the PS3 music service VidZone to come over to Bravia.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Bob

Do checkout the other thread on this topic where its discussed in a bit more detail - its not just as simple as switching on an ITV/C4 service I'm afraid, thus you'll notice no other major TV manufacturer with these services either as there are numerous challenges which need to be overcome.

Thanks.

BigBob29A
Visitor

We used to think that Japanse industry was the tops in customer service!  My experience is they no longer care and have adopted the UK/USA customer relations attitude of the 1970/1980s.  We bought their products; buyer beware!!!

We bought the product; it did not have the software for anything other than 'iplayer' and on demand video, so they seem to feel 'why should they bother'. 

They may find that despite the quality of their product customers may well decide to 'never mind the quality, feel the width' as competitors offer enhancements that allow access to other sources.

Sorry Sony; I've been a fan in both my professional life in the TV industry and privately; I'm now losing patience!

I will replace the Bravia with a product that gives the internet access I want; I hope a charity will appreciate the gift with its limitations.  I won't be buying 'Sony' again, and will advise those with whom I have contact with to be very careful if they consider a Sony product in future.

Is Sony on the way down; is this an indication of a 'Toyota' problem?

Bawtree
Explorer

Nov 2015...

seems THAT SONY support is getting worse AND WORSE rather than better...

I had iplayer

i had utube and

I had channel 5 (demand)

every thing else was/is crap or really slow and shabby pay-per view ....

since 20 Nov 2015 - we have an error msg with IPLAYER (10 days now )

NO youtube

NO channel 5 (demand)

AND NEVER ever have we had the promised ITV player ...........

the thing is ....

It's a great TV with very, VERY POOR internet support...

why oh why should I have to replace a great 5YR old  TV BECAUSE sony consistently FAILS TO SUPPORT ITS internet FUNCTIONS.....

i'M REALLY RATHER DISAPPOINTED AT HOW THEY FAIL TO SUPPORT US
yes we .. WHO SUPPORTED THEM WITH OUR BRAND LOYALTY AND HARD EARNED BUCKS...

COME ON SONY GET YOUR FINGER OUT AND FIX IT ...
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Internet apps change so rapidly that I'm amazed that any apps on a 5 yr old TV actually work. Flash player is probably running your apps, and that is dying a death, it's constantly full of bugs and exploits, has to be updated every month to fix bugs and is being left behind as a platform, Apple and Google hate it and it's not even supported on the HTML 5 standard which most websites should be using these days. 

You could buy a nowtv box for the princely sum of £9.99 and that will give you everything that you require catchup TV wise. YouTube. Iplayer. Itv, All4, Demand 5 and YouTube.