Join now - be part of our community!

complaint

edgeend68
New

complaint

I have been unable to acces BBC IPlayer for over 1 week. 

What is the problem.  I can find no information about this.  Looking at the internet I see I am not the only one with the problem but no one is coming up with advice or solutions.

Come on Sony, lets see your Customer Services and/or IT people do their stuff and sort it out.

Disgruntled Customer

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you have not given your model number of the TV, but currenly there is an issue with iPlayer on 2010 tvs.  See the following thread for more information.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/nov-2015-bbc-iplayer-servers-could-not-be-found/td-p/205...

Cheers

jerrydtb
Explorer

Referring the OP to a link elesewhere in your Forum, especially when you know full well that that link provides absolutely NO INFORMATION from the illustrious Sony Corporation, is treating that customer with absolute contempt. It is nothing more than the equivalent paper shuffling on a typical bureaucrats desk - much easier for the bureacrat because he does not actually have to put himself out or actually do anything!!

Much better would be to try and provide an honest answer to the customer - even if that answer is not a definitive answer. The attitude here of just referring the OP to a meaningless thread which does no more than let him know "he is not alone" whilst Sony seems to smugly think action has solved yet another "customer service" issue speaks volumes about the company (and perhaps this contempt of customers helps explain the corporate financial issues faced by Sony!!!!).

My daughter gas the same issue as the OP - and her model no. is KDL-32EX403 with firmware PKG4.131EUL-0108.

Maybe this is sufficient information to prise someone at Sony, with some iota of the customer service gene, to actaully rise from their seat and post a reply to the problem which has left a number of customers with a non-functioning iPlayer issue on their TV sets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jerrydtb

Woah, Chill pill man!

I am not a Sony Staff member - just a volunteer on the forums that has too much time on their hands that actually wants to try and help - but lack of information prevents me from doing so.

The reason why i referred the OP to the other thread is to keep the forums in some kind of order.  If everyone created a thread on the same issue, it would get very messy very quickly!  Also, if there is an update, the main thread will be updated, as im sure as hell would not update every little thread that everyone made of the same issue.

As of early afternoon, i requested an update on this issue, without a reply thus far.

So that is my honest answer.

jerrydtb
Explorer

Sorry, did not realise that this was a forum which was under the auspices of Volunteers. Since it was on the sony.co.uk domain I assumed that it would be overseen by Sony. Perhaps I should not be too surprised that Sony are not involved directly (or just hide in the background!!)  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats ok. :wink:

I guess the hint is 'Community Forums'.  Basically it is run by the community as a whole.  It is rare for Sony to directly comment on these forums, however 'experts' do have a working relationship with Sony.  Sony do actively monitor these forums, but the general day to day tasks fall onto either Experts or Community Managers (official moderators) when needed.