Join now - be part of our community!

do I need to pay for Insurance when I have a 5 yr,Guarantee?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Silversurfer4739
Visitor

do I need to pay for Insurance when I have a 5 yr,Guarantee?

I am wondering why my 5 year guarantee now needs an Insurance of £106,

for 2 years,I am puzzled,is this correct?

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi,

no idea what thats all about but the 5 year warranty if for the tv in the event of any failure within that period, it would be a good idea however to make sure you have adequate contents cover on your home insurance to cover any accidental damage as this is not covered by this guarantee.

Silversurfer4739
Visitor

Thanks for replying,I got a letter from KNOWHOW WHATEVER HAPPENS  care plan,

telling me my Insurance was due by the 11th of November for my 2 year old Bravia.

I thought a 5 year Guarantee ,meant I was covered for 5 years?

in these days of scams?

I felt I needed to ask someone like yourself for verification that I do indeed have to pay for a "speciall insurance for my tv?"

I do have Contents Insurance for my home contents.

looking forward to your reply.

I cannot ring them as their [phone number is closed on weekends.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Silversurfer4739

Sorry to butt in Bravia55HX923.

KnowHow cover is nothing to do with Sony.  This is an extended insurance policy that is arranged by the dealer where you bought the TV - I guess this is PC World or Curry's.

I have no idea what this extra insurance covers and you need to check your paperwork to see what is covered in addition to the Sony Warranty and decide if you need it.

It is difficult to imagine what is being offered that is not covered already by the warranty plus your Household Accidental Damage cover.  But satisfy yourself exactly what you are getting for the premium.

If I were cynical I would guess this is a good source of income for the retailer - especially as most of the risks are already covered elsewhere.

:thinking:

Bravia55HX

^^^^what he/she said above is a good a point as any here and would agree with the last paragraph!^^^^

Silversurfer4739
Visitor

Many Thanks,I feel that it is strange for an Unknown firm to suddenly send this letter,

that's what made me wary.

plus the fact that they were so keen to hurry me into a payment.

I know I bought the tv online,

at the time I was very ill,and,for the life of me?

I cannot remember which firm?

I have only recently got better,so,I am now well aware....l.o.l.:smileysilly:

still cannot recall it though.:smileysilly:

I do have home contents Insurance,

and I reckon I can now ignore the letter......many thanks to you both.....Pat...

Is my Sony Bravia TV  guaranteed for 5 years 

Brianstephenson 

profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

Hi

As anybody got Sony to change their TV's insurance details , I had an LCD 46in which expired as Sony's do. they could not repair it so replaced it with a buggy android TV KD-55x8509c. I tel as per there requirements back in I think Sept 2015 , since then I have tried to get them to update the insurance as per their clause 11 of the policy. To this day and numerous requests to do so they have not done this, Anybody got them to do this ? , or does every one  think they are deliberating not doing this so I cannot get rid of this buggy tv and buy a Samsung instead ..