Join now - be part of our community!

Duplicating Screen

SOLVED
RalfyM
Explorer

Duplicating Screen

Hello,

I've been a PC person for a while so am used to running MS Media Centre and can achieve many things with it. However, with the iminent demise of that I thought I'd move to a smart TV. I suspect I already know the answer to this but here goes. I watch free to air, Netflix and HDD based films connected via USB or streamed from NAS/PC. I'd like to move between rooms and see the same media playing on another TV or preferrably a computer monitor. This is easy with a PC with multiple graphics cards, but I'm guessing there is no video output on a 55X8509C TV. Anyone have any idea how, if at all this can be achieved, please?

Regards,

Craig

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, the TVs do not have HDMI out.

The only thing i can suggest is using the TVs like a computer monitor, all controlled via a multi-graphics PC - as you have already mentioned.  Beyond that, you are looking at a professional setup (read: expensive).

Netflix does allow you to pause on one device snd resume on another -but that is not an automated process.

View solution in original post

RalfyM
Explorer

As I suspected, thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, the TVs do not have HDMI out.

The only thing i can suggest is using the TVs like a computer monitor, all controlled via a multi-graphics PC - as you have already mentioned.  Beyond that, you are looking at a professional setup (read: expensive).

Netflix does allow you to pause on one device snd resume on another -but that is not an automated process.

RalfyM
Explorer

As I suspected, thank you.