Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI dropouts on KDL-50W815/829 UK

SeeNoWeevil
Explorer

HDMI dropouts on KDL-50W815/829 UK

Seemingly inline with the latest firmware update v2303, I'm seeing infrequent HDMI dropouts over multiple devices. These dropouts can be very brief or up to a few seconds. Currently trialling a replacement HDMI cable to see if it has been resolved but I've read of others with the same issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sometimes a factory reset after a FW update cures many issues, if the issues occurs directly after the update

Cheers

SeeNoWeevil
Explorer

Swapping out the hdmi cable and doing a factory reset seems to have cured the issue so far. Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Had similar issues on another model. Replacing the HDMI cable solved it. I think it was due to external noise being picked up by the HDMI cable, and the new cable had better or different shielding. I assume something started to produce more or different noise, or maybe I moved the cable some, since the same cable worked okay before that.

Now, it would be interesting to know how much noise is radiated out of the HDMI cable. :slight_smile:

In case anyone wonders, the original HDMI cable was externally thicker and cost about 6-7 US$ locally. The new, problem free, cable is thinner and cost about $2 on eBay.