Join now - be part of our community!

I'm an amateur please help

SOLVED
imstillme
New

I'm an amateur please help

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia TV Model KDL - 40EX403 and would like to be able to record programmes.  I have been offered a WD My Book AV-TV 1TB  which will supposedly meet my needs.  I only watch freeview programmes and would like to be sure that the above would attach to my TV and let me record any programmes I want.  Hopefully there are people out there who will be able to answer my question as I am very much an amateur as far as technical matters are concerned

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the KDL-40EX403 model does not have the USB recording facility.  Therefore you cannot add a hard drive to the TV to enable freeview recording.  You will need a dedicated recorder in order to do this.

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the KDL-40EX403 model does not have the USB recording facility.  Therefore you cannot add a hard drive to the TV to enable freeview recording.  You will need a dedicated recorder in order to do this.

Cheers

imstillme
New

thanks ever so much, you have saved me money I can't afford to waste.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome - I know that feeling too, all too well

banchang
Explorer

If USB HDD recording not possible, what kind of recorder would be able to record what is on the TV ?

I'm seeking to record what is on the TV, & that is coming from an android streamer via HDMI.

I have a Sony RDR HXD970, but this can only record what comes through the coaxial input to the RDR, & cannot record straight from what is appearing on the TV ?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What TV do you have, as this thread is going back a couple of years now.

Cheers

banchang
Explorer

Apologies yes it is, but it covers my issue.

I have a Sony KDL40EX403

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Even if USB recording was possible on your TV, it would only record from the TVs internal tuner not from a HDMI source.  It is NOT possible to record from a HDMI source on any TV from any manufacturer.  A computer would be required with a graphics card that supports HDMI IN as a capture card

Cheers