Join now - be part of our community!

Inserting a usb wlan gives the message "The connection settings on the usb device may not be correct" but it works in my laptop.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hemmog
Visitor

Inserting a usb wlan gives the message "The connection settings on the usb device may not be correct" but it works in my laptop.

I am trying to get a TP-Link TL-WN823N wireless adaptor to work in a Bravia KDL-40EX503 TV.

The usb WLAN works in my laptop and connects to the network ok, but as soon as it is plugged into the tv, I get the message in the title of this question. It won't let me alter any network settings as it thinks there is no device there.

Am I missing something obvious or is it anything like this device being uncompatibe?

Thanks.

hemmog.

Message was edited by: hemmog

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed email address as personal details are not allowed to be shared on the forums

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hemmog
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus. It's my girlfriend's parents tv, and I've just  done a bit of internet searching. Should have done this first :smileyblush:.

Ebay here we come.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately all other wireless adaptors will not work with Sony TV's. The one you want is called the UWABR100

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-other-tv-accessories/uwa-br100

Cheers

hemmog
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus. It's my girlfriend's parents tv, and I've just  done a bit of internet searching. Should have done this first :smileyblush:.

Ebay here we come.

grimes922
Explorer

As I am a little slow (age related ) could someone please reply in simple terms as to how I can rectify this same problem on my Sony Bravia W70B  KDL- 42W706B (purchased in 2014). Thank you.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your tv has a WIFI integrated board, doesn't need an adapter at all....