Join now - be part of our community!

Kazuo Hirai - When are 2014 4k Bravia models going to get ITV HUB and ALL 4

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

Kazuo Hirai - When are 2014 4k Bravia models going to get ITV HUB and ALL 4

As the title of the original post is no longer relevant as the catchup service names have changed and the thread has been marked as solved I am starting a new thread which I am directing to the President and CEO himself. 

Kazuo Hirai

Are you aware of the joke that is your community product forums?

Are you aware of the lack of support and development on products less than a retail year old.

Please do us the honour of responding to the concerns of your customers and ensuring us we have not been forgotten.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I right in thinking, that you are re-writing this question, which is effectlively the same and then expecting a differrent answer?

The answer is the same.

These forums are not designed to get a direct answer from Sony.  If you still want a direct answer, please contact Sony support.

alecoddlyiv wrote:

Are you aware of the joke that is your community product forums?

What is your issue with these forums?  

profile.country.en_GB.title
seboyad

I think the problem is that the original issue was not "solved" as far as many consumers are concerned, and marking it as such is a little misleading.

I could be more sympathetic to Sony's position regarding not supporting pre-2015 TVs if there was some architectural/hardware issue with providing these services on their recent TVs, but from what I have seen so far this does not appear to be the case.

I'm sure we're all hoping for a change of heart from the management/dev teams involved and to that end are trying to get our voices heard.  What better place than through the official Sony channels.

My 2014 KD-49X8505 is a great TV, but to be effectively legacy and out of support in 1 year is not reasonable.

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

Exactly right :wink: Thankyou for putting it better than I could.
I have the 2014 KD-55X8505 bought last November for over a thousand pound and when I see products like the now tv boxes  that cost one hundredth of the price getting updates it makes me want to go out and get a tattoo on my forehead reading MUG